Play-Fi streams audio directly from source devices to the speakers, and supports a wide variety of streaming formats and audio quality levels.
Supported File Formats
- .mp3 (MPEG Layer III)
- .aac and .m4a (Advanced Audio Coding / Apple Lossless)
- .flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- .wav (Waveform Audio File)
- Up to 24-bit/192 kHz (Ultra-high resolution).
- High-resolution files up to 16-bit/48 kHz are streamed with bit-for-bit accuracy, with zero compression or transcoding. With ultra high-resolution files, Play-Fi down-samples the audio to 16-bit/48 kHz for transmission. This allows for the most reliable streaming experience over Wi-Fi to multiple speakers.
- 24-bit/192kHz over hard wire ethernet, or dedicated 'listening mode' (firmware update)