What is involved in setting up my PW system?
Modified on: Wed, 17 Oct, 2018 at 4:02 PM
Step One: The Play-Fi App
- Download the Play-Fi app to your device from either the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store, the Amazon store, or from the Play-Fi website if you are using a PC
Step Two: Your Wireless Network
- The basis of a strong Play-Fi experience is a high quality wireless network
- We recommend against using the modem/router combo provided by your ISP
- Make sure your primary Play-Fi device (phone/tablet/PC) are connected to the network that you want the PW system to join
Step Three: Your PW Devices
- It is advised to set up your PW devices in the same room as your router. You may then move them to their final location.
- Power on the PW. Once the WiFi light is pulsing slowly start the Play-Fi app. It will automatically detect your available units. You may add them individually or as a group.
- Once your devices are detected you will be asked to provide the wireless password for your network. If you are using iOS the settings for your network will be transferred through airplay.
- After your devices connect to the network you can name each zone.
Step 4 (optional): Add a Sub
- If you are planning on using a sub connect it to your PW device using an RCA and the dedicated sub out on your PW unit.
- Connect your sub prior to running ARC, that way the sub is included in the room correction measurement
Step 5: Run ARC
- Download the latest version of ARC software.
- Install ARC on your PC or MAC running Windows
- Connect the included microphone to your PC or laptop using the provided USB cable
- Open ARC and select the PW device you want to run ARC on. The system will walk you through the steps.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.